Pontiac Grand Am photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don57

Apprentice
Apr 12, 2009
St. John's, NL
Bought my 78' Grand Am in June of 2002. Took it apart and restored it over six years. Since October 2008.........I have made improvements and changes yearly. Then in May 2018...….a big red GMC pickup set me back. I could not find all new parts ...........so I had to repair the best way I can. As of now... I'm waiting on a guy to paint my front. Here are some pictures over the years. There is one picture I have to explain. A friend of mine has a Camaro that he bought about 20 years ago. He claims the car has "never seen rain". Well...…..I can't say that......or I can't say she "never seen snow" .…….because she do get to see it ………..once in a while. Not driven in it.........but see it! LOL
SAM_0638.JPG
SAM_0489.JPG
SAM_0090.JPG
IMG_2489.JPG

Reactions: 5 users

Racco

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 28, 2018
I may
Bought my 78' Grand Am in June of 2002. Took it apart and restored it over six years. Since October 2008.........I have made improvements and changes yearly. Then in May 2018...….a big red GMC pickup set me back. I could not find all new parts ...........so I had to repair the best way I can. As of now... I'm waiting on a guy to paint my front. Here are some pictures over the years. There is one picture I have to explain. A friend of mine has a Camaro that he bought about 20 years ago. He claims the car has "never seen rain". Well...…..I can't say that......or I can't say she "never seen snow" .…….because she do get to see it ………..once in a while. Not driven in it.........but see it! LOL View attachment 143561 View attachment 143562 View attachment 143563 View attachment 143564
I may have some spare grand am parts, what do you need?

and

the car looks fantastic, congratulations

Racco

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 28, 2018
Grand ams are difficult to find in pristine condition, especially an 80. I have looked for nearly 10 years and then I found the 79.

Don57

Apprentice
Apr 12, 2009
St. John's, NL
I may

I may have some spare grand am parts, what do you need?

and

the car looks fantastic, congratulations
Thanks RACCO! I have everything I need now ...........thanks to grandamman and Turna. I'm just waiting on the paint guy to fit me in to paint the front header panel, hood, right fender....….and blend in the door. I had to reconstruct the front header panel as it was torn. I am including a picture of car the day I was hit.........….and a picture of last September. I wanted to make sure the RH grille and headlight bezel fit and lined up.
SAM_0824.JPG
SAM_1158.JPG

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
My first Grand Am was a Roman Red and Platinum 78. Cloth buckets with console, sport steering wheel, A/C, AM/FM/8 track, poverty caps. Looked exactly like Dons.
No other options but did have the slap shift.
Kent1 after.JPG
79 Blue Grand Am 008.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Don57

Apprentice
Apr 12, 2009
St. John's, NL
The repair looks good, who's 1980 in the background?
I live on an island on the east coast of Canada. After I bought my 78' and had it apart I answered ad for a guy selling a 81' grand LeMans. he had driven the car from western Canada and the camshaft had given not long after he got here. When I told him about my car...…….he said his neighbour had a 80' Grand Am
SAM_1150.JPG
SAM_1152.JPG
SAM_1151.JPG
in his garage he was fixing up. I tried to buy it......but he would not sell. After my accident ......….I searched for this car and could not find it. Right around the time I had repaired mine in the picture above...….I got a call from a guy willing to sell. But......I got to tell you...….she is rough! I'm thinking not long after being tucked away......…she was sent outside and neglected. The original 301 is long lone...….replaced by a chebby 350. The grilles are broken...…..there is not a moulding that is not dented or corroded...….the seats are torn. When I bought it ……….I couldn't believe the car was in such bad shape.........considering it had been off the road a long time.

Racco

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 28, 2018
The corroded sill plates give it away, this 80 grand am has been parked outside. Parking a car in a heated
facility is expensive but necessary to ensure it remains as new as possible. This is Canada!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor