Popping in agen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome here to GBF!!!! Good looking project..I'm Liking the heater setup, can U elaborate on it a bit???

JBreu said:
Welcome here to GBF!!!! Good looking project..I'm Liking the heater setup, can U elaborate on it a bit???

Yes there "Patriot H8012" 16-gauge i got them at $150 but there $197.95 now they hit a little on the pass side on the upper control arm a little grinding on the arm and a small dent fixed that... The lower control arm was hitting the flange
on the drive side. so i had to cut the flange off and moved out a little. I had to dent the 3” part of the collector I added not to bad. Here are some pics.

SUC50150.jpg

SUC50154.jpg

extending the flange out it was trimed a little after..

headers2.jpg

helping it pass the oil filter and controle arm

headers4.jpg

headers5.jpg

GEDC0012-1.jpg

GEDC0014.jpg

Had to make an adjustment to the pass side " it may have been he mount I have. But if I shimmed the engine 3/8's it may have just been fine with grinding the arm..

Image06202011085734.jpg

Image06202011090607.jpg

GEDC0004-1.jpg

clean8485 said:
What kind of heater system do you have in the car?

it is this kit "SUM-991102"

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-991102/

I didn’t feel the need to reinstall the stock heater and to keep some room in the engine bay I put that in.. i am still working on the pluming under the dash. i got it working in the upper vents right now only to keep the fog down in the spring and fall. I will be incorporating a valve in the mix this year to act as the vacuum break to stop the flow of hot coolant.

the solenoid valve i will be useing
KGrHqVl0E1GEfEEBNgM-eJsy_3.jpg

mkube396 said:
85GPLef41 said:
Nice Monte! How does that 396 feel? I wanted to do a 455 swap initially but oh well 😀

O it feels good :twisted:

<a class="vglnk" title="Link added by VigLink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeathAFYx4s&list=UUpMUWqmvSGqzAN76VZXeIMA&index=2&feature=plcp" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeathAFYx4s&list=UUpMUWqmvSGqzAN76VZXeIMA&index=2&feature=plcp</a>

86-blk442 said:
Nice Monte! Where in NY are you located, the background in your pics looks kinda familiar, I could be mistaken though.

that is in west seneca off indian church Rd

Damn that's a beast!! right on! 8)

Sweet videos. Looks like a real healthy 396. Hope to be able to do that in my monte when its all put back together.

yeah it took some work but over all it was a lot easer then spending 500+ on headers or cutting in to the car..

mkube396 said:
86-blk442 said:
Nice Monte! Where in NY are you located, the background in your pics looks kinda familiar, I could be mistaken though.

that is in west seneca off indian church Rd

Thought so haha, I know the area well. My sister lives on Savona, and I have a buddy that lives on Aurora. Ever go to any of the local cruises? A few of us were up at the Pocketeers one a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor