Post your beater/Daily Driver pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
man you guys have really nice rides

heres my rusted but reliable beater that ive had for almsot four years now:

88toyota122007.jpg

the pass side frame rail jut behind the cab and at the front most rear spring hanger is completel separated due to sever rot i dont know how muh longer until the frame breaks and the truck falls down in the middle, the hanger is not evne connected to the frame rail anymore i stuck a piece of thick angle iron stock on it to get by maybe a little longe,r its been a month so far haha

i used to lod the helll out of this truck, like a ton or more at a time, but now i cant, so the truck is vitually useless, it runs great and strong it actually outruns most FWD newer cars easily even with the only 100 horse 22RE engine it has and auto trans(fords anyways)

it is the first and only foreign vehicle i have ever owned and i have owned closer to 200 different cars trucks and vans and so on since 1994, i got this one for virtually free it has 143k miles on it and could go another 150k if it wasnt for the chassis death, so it is doomed soon, and great on gas, which is going to be a major loss, very handy truck it has been for loading stuff and moving stuff, i have moved tons of stuff, you name it ive probably hauled it on this thing it only weighs 2720 with me in it hahaha

the fuel guage has never worked, nor the temp guage, so no guages work in it at all, nothing except the speedometer, it has no pass side wing vent glass, was already missing before i got it, i never could find one for it, so it has gone without all these years

i removed the bed and welded on the thick tube pipe on the rear because it had no bumper ever and i got pulled over on the interstate by the illinois state police for not having a bumper

bastards..

you cant tell thjem it never had one, they claim it did

they were not there when half the toyota trucks built on the line went out with no rear bumper and instead jut a sheetmetal rol pan under the rear of the bed

stupid asses,

but no, cops are SCHMART!

pffft..

pics album:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v298/ ... %20toyota/

the most beater rusted ugly truck around here now, since the scrap prices shot up and rust killed them all

it has surprised the hell out of me though,

i scoffed at it in the beginning because it was a toyota truck lmao

no i dont like toyotas, i like GM, i am a GM guy totally

haha

Here's my beater: a 1998 Nissan Frontier King Cab with 277,000 miles on it
l_da03035e5affe1ce8e2d68560173b380.jpg

l_e4d1e058d2994fdfc10425bd1e6faafa.jpg

l_90e597038c9a682c5abdfc87fb80b468.jpg

The engine has never been out of the truck and I have cleaned and degreased it every 1,000-5,000 miles since the day it was new. It was repainted a few years ago by me as the original paint was peeling. I have also replaced the seat cushions and upholstery as well as the steering wheel with NOS pieces from Nissan 2 years ago as the originals were worn out and looked bad. I also replaced the window seals and door strikers at this time as well as adding more sound insulation to stop rattles. The A/C blows cold, it has a decent stereo, the window tint I had done when it was new still doesn't look too bad, etc. Oh, it has no oil leaks and uses around 1/2 quart every 3,000 miles. It's always run Mobil 1 and I use 5 w 30.

The bad: It has a "fails in open position" thermostat that has failed, so the engine underheats ( note the cardboard I use for heat!). This is made worse by the oversized radiator I installed when it was overheating over the summer. Other than that, it has one irritating rattle I can't find that I will probably have to take apart the dash to fix. And it has a rough idle and mis-fire that even replacing the ENTIRE ignition system. I think it is a valve adjustment issue as it has a solid lifter valvetrain, but it is only adjustable with shims that cost $13 each. I think I will probably replace the engine with a used one when it has an internal problem rather than repairing it, and figure it only has another 100,000-250,000 miles left in it.

And Yes, I really DO love Nissans, or anything that is well built, reliable and inexpensive to operate no matter who makes it or what country it comes from. (Which is why I dislike newer GM vehicles)

I drive this thing 100-200 miles a day depending on what I am doing that day (delivering pizza, going to school, parts chasing). My butt has been in that seat 8-12 hours a day, almost every day for the last 9.33 years.

just took a few pics of my daily gas guzzler. it is not very clean since it has not made it above freezing in a couple weeks but i am doing my best to keep her clean and blast the under side when i take it to the spray wash.

8ffneoh.jpg

8fd1kdl.jpg

72pqq1j.jpg

please dont make fun of my one mis matched spark plug wire, lol. just noticed that i had not fixed that yet, they were a temporary fix but i may put the original wire looms back on this engine since the new regal engine has center bolt valve covers so there is no way to use them that way so i may use my good plug wires.

regalman4925 said:
just took a few pics of my daily gas guzzler. it is not very clean since it has not made it above freezing in a couple weeks but i am doing my best to keep her clean and blast the under side when i take it to the spray wash.

That's what I'm talking about... I think that might be my favorite ride on here. A G-Body that actually takes some punishment... not the kind that's made for lounging in a heated garage.

Props to your car, man... and to all the other beaters.

thanks!! i bought this one to be driven, it took me almost 2 years to find one worth building! i am planning to get paint and tint on first thing this spring. also going to throw the 17s on it once i get the alarm installed, alarms are a pain as it is but they are 10 times worse when its freezing cold out side!! funny thing is that the body and frame was in better shape then my project car, lol. but thats good because i dont have to pull it off of the frame. i am planning to por 15 the whole frame and the under side as best as possible once it warms up to prevent rust. this car sat for 5 years in a driveway before i found it on ebay and stole it for 365 bucks in town. just because its a daily does not mean its not going to get decked out!! just wont be as extreme as the regal

i got a 2004 Taurus it only has 21,000 miles on it and we got it for cheap. old people owned it so yeah pretty sweet. I will take some pics tomorrow. I can say though going from a Camaro V6er for a daily to this Taurus is Degrading. Other than the camaro not having a working heater and in IOWA that sucks balls. so The taurus is nice for now but i am saving up for another camaro as we speak. Malibu is happily in storage 🙂

i have 84 an cutlass supreme and thats it. she is my daily driver, project pride and joy. dont have pics at this time. shes clean but rough at the same, 305/th350, with an open 10 bolt, heater box delete,as in no heat!! yes it gets a little cold but if was to go out buy another car as a beater i wouldnt be able to keep fixin the cutlass up so hey i deal with it, along with the massive 295s on the rear in the snow. my fiance is finally sayin it aint so bad and lettin me sink more money into it so its ready for summer cruisin. next winter though snow runnin in this thing will be a no go.

Well, since we're now posting the G-Bodies... here's my daily:

dscf2320sn0fm1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor