Power steering pump outlet fitting source

DarrinWI

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 2, 2022
Madison, WI
Does anyone have a source for the outlet fitting for the pressure line on the back of the pump? I’ve checked online and can find some listed, but can’t seem to verify they’d match what was on my ‘87 El Camino. Doing an ls swap and I didn’t think to remove the part before giving the engine away. TIA

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Reactions: 2 users

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
I had worked at one time for one of the aftermarket brake and fuel line reproduction companies.
Believe it or not the pressure line on most sets I produced had a 45 degree double inverted flare with a 5/8-18 tube nut to thread in the back of the Saginaw pump.
Napa shows the fitting with a 90 degree bend 3/8 tube and the 5/8-18 fitting as does Advance. You might also check with Inline Tube (Not who I worked for) and see if they sell the flared tube with the fitting alone as well as Borgeson.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
That's for sharing this, but I'm actually looking for the fitting with a female side that screws into the back of the pump.

What pressure or return hose are you using then? Something OEM?

If you are making a new hose with JIC or AN end that the adapter you need.

You can buy new Edelman tube ends but they aren't rated for high pressure and are good for the return side only as they don't have a crimp end.

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
The metric O ring fitting is GM part number 26009894.

Reactions: 1 user

DarrinWI

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 2, 2022
Madison, WI
I had worked at one time for one of the aftermarket brake and fuel line reproduction companies.
Believe it or not the pressure line on most sets I produced had a 45 degree double inverted flare with a 5/8-18 tube nut to thread in the back of the Saginaw pump.
Napa shows the fitting with a 90 degree bend 3/8 tube and the 5/8-18 fitting as does Advance. You might also check with Inline Tube (Not who I worked for) and see if they sell the flared tube with the fitting alone as well as Borgeson.
Thanks for this info, I’ll look into it further.
What pressure or return hose are you using then? Something OEM?

If you are making a new hose with JIC or AN end that the adapter you need.

You can buy new Edelman tube ends but they aren't rated for high pressure and are good for the return side only as they don't have a crimp end.
I’m running a factory line which is why I was looking for the factory fitting.
The metric O ring fitting is GM part number 26009894.
Awesome, thank you.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor