power windows inop

Status
Not open for further replies.

3rdgentug

Apprentice
Aug 8, 2009
3rdgentug said:
im guessing thats what they are for...
but i would think that has to be what they are for, im learning alot about his car. honestly i didnt know squat about it when i bought it. the more stuff i find the cooler this car gets though.

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
Check the wires in the rubber boot on the drivers side door where the hinges are. Pull the boot back and check for broken wires, it is very common for the wires to break or crack right there.

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
my drivers side window will roll down but not the passenger side,so finally i took my door panel off hit the power window motor with a screwdriver(Hard) and it started working again,how stupid are people to put a used (Used mind you) power window motors in door panels?Anyway thats probably the cheapest temporary fix to get power window motors working again

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor