pozzy traction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1980REDMALIBU

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 7, 2008
BC
hey i was wondering how much would it cost me to have pozzy in my malibu (would i have to buy a hole new rear axel ? (im sick of dooing donuts one way lol ) and would it give me more horse power[aka ponies
under neath my hood ]) and would i be able to get a brand new one or
would i have to go to the auto wrecker and find one?

ps
i was just wondering about this subject . not shere when i will do it
i dont no a hole lot about the axel im more engin oriented

normal_HPIM3658.JPG

My First Car
1980 Malibu
4.4L 267cube
2.5 exhaust
daily driver

BrownGP83

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2008
Chamberlain,South Dakota
For starters, posi traction will not add ponies under the hood :? It will help you get the power you do have to the ground better. Figure out what rearend you have and shop around for a posi differential. Jegs and Summit carry diffs for pretty much any rear you could have.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
Or you can look for an 8.5" or even check with some of your local racers at the circle track, alot of times they fab Ford 9" up for G Bodys and you can usually pick them up pretty reasonable.

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
thats a bad Idea unless it is strickly track duty if it sees much street use it will break axles, when you turn one wheel HAS to turn faster than the other. Thats where posi comes in it disengages when you are turning and locks back for the straights.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
if you use the search function on the site i think there should be some pretty in depth threads about rear ends

1980REDMALIBU

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 7, 2008
BC
ok thx for the help its just somthing i waned to look in to
normal_HPIM3658.JPG

My First Car
1980 Malibu
4.4L 267cube
2.5 exhaust
daily driver

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
did any g-body's come with posi? what about any other cars that would work? would puting a 9" ford rear work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor