PRO-FLO ignition switch wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbystill

Apprentice
Mar 24, 2019
I am trying to figure out where to wire in the switched 12v line for my edelbrock pro-flo ecu. The directions say Connect the Pink/Black IGN switched wire on the main harness to a +12 Volt switched power source that provides +12 Volts when the key is both “ON” and “CRANKING”. Can anyone help me keep it simple stupid and post a picture or description of where I should connect this wire? I'm trying to learn my vehicle's electrical system but half of it is from a TBI monte and the other half is from a carbed V6 el camino and I don't know what's what.

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
I tapped the same wire used to kick the fuel pump relay for mine.

Actually I wired it to a fastronix bus bar and used it for all kind of other stuff that needed switched power

Bobbystill

Apprentice
Mar 24, 2019
Thanks! This is probably another dumb question, is the stock fuel pump relay powered by the stock ECU or is it through the ignition circuit? I'm trying to figure out what I can get rid of from the old ECU.

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
on my k10, the ECU was completely removed and i still got the 12v signal to the fuel pump relay. i think the only thing that will cut it out is the oil pressure switch (atleast on my truck)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor