Pro-touring.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikes83ss

Greasemonkey
Mar 14, 2011
las vegas,nevada
Was just wondering if any of the members on this site were also members on that site?Just recently joined(I use the same username on that site as well)and theres a lot of gbodys on there as well as 60's and 70's cars.

Mikes83ss

Greasemonkey
Mar 14, 2011
las vegas,nevada
Ya its a pretty interesting site.Theres a ton of malibu wagons on there for sale(was kind of surprised).

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
I'm over there too, don't post a whole lot though.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
I've browsed in the shadows a few times before but haven't joined. What's the culture over there like?

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Seems to be pretty decent place. I couldn't tell you a whole lot, mostly looking in the for sale section, lol. A lot of high end cars but nobody seems to come off snotty.

Mikes83ss

Greasemonkey
Mar 14, 2011
las vegas,nevada
Ya its pretty friendly and theres quite a few good deals.Theres high end muscle cars and then theres your projects for sale.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
I'm a member there as well ,lot's of good technical info. Plus the guys there have great ideas and awesome builds! IMO the G body isn't as recognized as a "mainstream" pro-touring ride. The only exceptions would be the SS, 442, and GN's....

I'm over there as well, although I use the name framedoctor. It started as a first gen f-body site. That's where I found SC+C for my front suspension. I think they are all pretty good guys over there

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
A few years ago I was on that site. From what I gathered on my experience there the theme to make a car 'pro-tour' around the country it seems, is to have a 500,000$ house and let someone else do all the 'work' on your car while you take pics... unless of course you own the shop yourself and take pics. It's necessary to put paddle shifters and at least 5-6 speed gearbox on your car. Huge rims are essential, but not gangsta rims, huge 'performance' rims. lower the car over the huge rims after, of course, a complete nut and bolt frame off restoration. Fuel injection is a must or you're just not a pro-tourer. Your car is considered a project, and thus not a pro tourer, if you have not had the entire body work and paint completely finished recently. If you have manual steering then you are considered a homosexual, power steering that is not extremely expensive is considered uncool or uninteresting, and rack and pinion is considered to be the epitome of anything that has ever turned front wheels.

Because everyone wants to go on a professional ****ing tour of a public highway? :puke: no i'd rather just 'tour' on a 300$ motorcycle or an old pickup without floorboards and is dragging its *ss because it has no suspension, not because I spent 5000$ on hydraulics. Pro touring is a ****ing gay site. There are too many high dollar yes man b*tches for me on there. No sir, I'll take g body forum anyday. As you could gather, yuppies make me sick, its some sort of condition.

:soapbox:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor