Status
Not open for further replies.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
bonez305 said:
NP Killer.

Yea I got some 80+ QP EXtensions, the ones I posted from a homie.
And now I won some 81 Tail Lights off of Ebay.

Warren sent me some info on the mirrors but it seems you put yours in a different place. Could you take a closer pic of the location?

Koo, NP killer ? Lol

But heres a pic where i put them...lol i hope i have them in the right spot...lol

fd62de2c.jpg

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
bonez305 said:
No Problem Killer lol thats what I meant, It seems the El Caminos and Malibu mirrors go on the crease and not on a flat surface, so I'm guessing yours is right and Warrens is wrong ? IDK I'm confused lol

Lmao!! :rofl: trust me u are going to learn alot on this forum, all the rights and all the wrongs...i have learned alot on this forum from all the gbody guys here, and have been confused plenty of time!! Hahahaha...keep ur head up and stay motivated..u will get there....well post updated pics as ur build goes on... :wink:

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
bonez305 said:
No Problem Killer lol thats what I meant, It seems the El Caminos and Malibu mirrors go on the crease and not on a flat surface, so I'm guessing yours is right and Warrens is wrong ? IDK I'm confused lol

Sent pics and a vid. In the vid I said these measurements are off of a MONTE CARLO SS and to verify they will work on the Malibu doors. Did you get the vid?

bonez305

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 7, 2012
Miami, FL
oh sh*t my bad warren lol, I thought they were off your El Camino.
It seems like the mirrors go a little bit further up on the El Camino/Malibu Doors right where the door/bodyline curves. From what I been noticing. I didn't get a video though. I think.

Thanks though.

bonez305

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 7, 2012
Miami, FL
im going to be cleaning up my engine compartment.

1 - Shave Firewall
2 - Remove unnecessary wiring
3 - Paint Firewall
4 - Por15 Frame

This is what I have so far, I'm actually stuck on the speedo cable. Which size is it that I need to get rid of the old 2 piece system ? There is also a vacuum line it seems that comes out of that small unit and goes into the engine compartment to under the brake pedal
speedocable.jpg

This is the vacuum line that goes from that unit to above the brake pedal
speedovacuum.jpg

this is the firewall update
firewall1.jpg

and this is just a pic of the car lol
malibuoutside.jpg

81malibujoe

Apprentice
Mar 6, 2010
Canon City Co
Love these 81 lites myself! When you get the time, ya might get a couple of pigtails from the junkyard and wire them in so the middle lite is illuminated as well! Just a quick improvement, and cheap!

Just like 80elcaminoflake said, you'll learn a lot from these guys! They been a tremendous help to me!

Am not sure why the mid-lite is dimmer...might be the coating inside???

Attachments

• 100_9111.JPG
    100_9111.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,097

bonez305

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 7, 2012
Miami, FL
Will probably start on this piece of crap again this weekend after I move to a new shop

I did manage to grab some 2010 Charger Seats pretty clean no rips no stains no cigarette burns NOTHING
Drivers Side w/ Passenger in timeout lol
IMAG0476.jpg

Rear Seats
IMAG0477.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor