Project: Hot Rod Regal is dead....

Status
Not open for further replies.

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
going to pick up my new cutlass in about an hour. Ill keep yall updated! 😀

ok heres the deal, theres this guy i work with that always hates on my regal, he says its junk, and not worthy of the mild 350 in it. *ford guy what do you expect :shrugs: lol* so he tells me that a buddy of his wants to buy my atv for his kid, but doesnt have the money. so him and the guy were talking about my atv and my buick got brought up, well the guy says i have a 83 cutlass im selling for 600 that i used to drag race ( no motor or transmission) so when i found out i was thinking ok, rusty parted out pos junk car, maybe get some seats and doors and door panels. well the coworker takes me out to the guys house to look at it, i was like holy sh*t this is actually a nice car, has the chevy motor mounts, brand new dual exhaust poor, new tires, very imperfect (but recent) paint job with straight body, good doors, trunk lock, straight roof, full interior. Well my co worker calls him and says he'll give you 400 for it, and we settled on 450 out the door today. so my dad got his tow truck and we brought it home. Now ive just gotta put my motor and transmission in the cutlass and ill have a nice car to drive.

the good:
new tires
straight body
EVERYTHING is there
awsome chrome flame steering wheel
brand new exhaust with chrome tips
anti roll bars (f41 im guessing)
chevy motor mounts
headers ( i have my own, but i have a backup set i guess now?)
LOW price for something this nice
seats! 60-40 split bench

the bad:
the paint job ( looks like primer but is actually a very metalic light grey)
dented beat up chrome rocker panels
brown interior
no headliner
could use new head and tail lights
VINYL TOP :evil:
i now owe my dad 800 dollars for this and some other car stuff... damnit i need to sell my atv soon lol
PICT0026-3.jpg

PICT0025-3.jpg

will get a ton of more pics tommarow!

one question, how the hell do the grilles fit in there? i cannot for the life of me figure it out, they were in the trunk when i bought it, and i cant figure out how they are held on and why there is 2 inches of gap above them?

Dammit, with all of us Central FL guys now having Cutlasses, we should all get together when they are road worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor