Pwr. Steering hose

Status
Not open for further replies.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
www.cardomain.com
So I have all the pulleys belts and accessories installed now on my new engine. Everything looks to be fine except for one of the power steering hoses. It is too short and is kind of pinched, which is obviously a bad thing.

It isn't the big hose with the ends "crimped" on, but the smaller hose with those wierd looking clamps that hold it on to the steel lines. Can I just drain the fluid, remove that hose and replace it with a longer piece?? Is there a specific type of hose i need to use??

The low pressure hose on the power steering pump can be replaced with a longer piece of hose and hose clamps. Although if you decide to use the standard rubber fuel line it will leak in time. You’ll need to take a trip to the parts store to purchase the correct type of line.

They should have that correct hose, yet last time I needed it I couldn't get it. Then I found out that 5/8" double-wall marine fuel line is the same stuff. Hopefully you will find a better store than I did.

Alright Thanks guys! So I'm looking for 5/8 pwr steer hose, or marine fuel line lol.

pretty sure that hose is 3/8 not 5/8

Thats I.D. or O.D.?

Sorry,3/8" ID, 5/8" od. Take the old one with you. Only buy the double walled kind, it will show threads at the end.

Good deal. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor