Pypes, Jegs, Summit, which one?? 1/16/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

tngbody

Greasemonkey
Sep 17, 2019
What pypes system are you running? I only see one option for dual exhaust and it's from cross member back.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
What pypes system are you running? I only see one option for dual exhaust and it's from cross member back.
I bought the 2-1/2" x pipe kit with street pro mufflers. It was PN#SGG912SE. It fit well but came with cheap clamps. I upgraded to stainless band clamps. The front pipes actually extend to the headers.

Reactions: 1 users

tngbody

Greasemonkey
Sep 17, 2019
I bought the 2-1/2" x pipe kit with street pro mufflers. It was PN#SGG912SE. It fit well but came with cheap clamps. I upgraded to stainless band clamps. The front pipes actually extend to the headers.
Oh wow the price has gone up up

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Oh wow the price has gone up up
Actually the 2.5" kits were changed to include a pair of cats this year cause the EPA had issues with the kits as they were. Found this out last month when I reopened my issue of getting them to fix the poor bend pattern of the right tail pipe for the MCSS style kits. 3" kits don't come with cats.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

tngbody

Greasemonkey
Sep 17, 2019
Actually the 2.5" kits were changed to include a pair of cats this year cause the EPA had issues with the kits as they were. Found this out last month when I reopened my issue of getting them to fix the poor bend pattern of the right tail pipe for the MCSS style kits. 3" kits don't come with cats.
I guess that would explain it, with that price I can get the Hooker Blackhearts cheaper

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
That's why the PN changed. I went back through this thread last night and noticed the kit I bought had a different PN. Honestly, I would've been ok with having cats as long as their high flow. The wife wouldn't complain as much about fumes, or I can leave her at home which solves the issue lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor