Q-Jet Secondary Lockout Not Disengaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
yup what he said. Choke needs to be off 100% before it will let the secondaries engage. 1st mod to all my carbs is to ditch that damn latch

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
get a 12 volt source, put the ground on the carb and power to the tab on the choke, give it a few minutes and that will pull the choke off and the secondaries will be free.

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
get a 12 volt source, put the ground on the carb and power to the tab on the choke, give it a few minutes and that will pull the choke off and the secondaries will be free.

That's what I'll do, thanks again Steve.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I luv trying to help anyone who is working on getting a quadrajet working correctly. It also helps me reveiwing things that I may not have done on a quardajet for a while...:)

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users
Nov 4, 2012
I luv trying to help anyone who is working on getting a quadrajet working correctly. It also helps me reveiwing things that I may not have done on a quardajet for a while...:)

Well I certainly appreciate it. YouTube videos will only get you so far when you have specific questions like these. I'm sure I'll have more for you eventually.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Well I certainly appreciate it. YouTube videos will only get you so far when you have specific questions like these. I'm sure I'll have more for you eventually.

we'llhave to get Mark (bonnewagon) involved in the next batch, Mark has helped me lots on quadrajets....:)

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Choke has to be 100% off and check to see if it moves with throttle open and check thermostat off of carb. Maybe housing screw to tight...Bind in linkage..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor