Quadrajet ID?

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
1985 Chevrolet/GMC truck M4MED. The "D" means dual capacity accelerator pump. When cold the accelerator pump works as usual when hot a solenoid is engaged and the amount of fuel delivered is cut in half.

Reactions: 2 users

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
1985 Chevrolet/GMC truck M4MED. The "D" means dual capacity accelerator pump. When cold the accelerator pump works as usual when hot a solenoid is engaged and the amount of fuel delivered is cut in half.
Does the solenoid engage if the carb is not hooked up to computer? Thanks

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
If it's not plugged in the solenoid will not operate.

If you go with performer intake, you might want to look at the Holley Spreadbore Q Jet Replacement. It's 650 CFM mechanical secondary. 650 is about the largest you want to go with a stock 305. Small primaries good for around town fuel economy and large secondaries when you want to move.

I'll send you a PM about your carb.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Your primary jets are full blast open and will never be anything but that without ECM input.

You really need to get a non-ECM carb if you’re ever going to tune that thing right. Might be enough air leaks now to keep it from flooding itself out but you’ll never get the efficiency and power of a proper Q-jet.

JMO.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
If it's not plugged in the solenoid will not operate.

If you go with performer intake, you might want to look at the Holley Spreadbore Q Jet Replacement. It's 650 CFM mechanical secondary. 650 is about the largest you want to go with a stock 305. Small primaries good for around town fuel economy and large secondaries when you want to move.

I'll send you a PM about your carb.
I'll second a Holley spread bore. I got a 4175 vacuum secondaries, 4165 will be the mechanical. Used it on the old 305 on a 327 intake & now on the rebuilt 350 on a Performer.

Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor