Quarter window seals on 1979 Monte Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masiuks78Monte

Apprentice
Aug 21, 2011
New York
Hi there. I have been looking for them for years also for my 78. I tried cutting and modifying the outter door trim and that did not work out so well. I have already tried the following sites too. They have a lot of good items for the monte, but no quarter glass trim. Please let me know if you find anyone or if that guy from Georgia returns http://www.customamericanautoparts.com/ ... atalog.htm , http://www.andysautosport.com/chevrolet ... nte_carlo/ , http://www.honestcharley.com/pdf/late-m ... atalog.pdf
I am checking local junk yard tomorrow. They have one of my former montes there.

jimsmonte80

Apprentice
Aug 22, 2011
I tried a few NOS parts warehouses looking for this quarter window sealing trim. No inventory from coast to coast. Currently, I have my eyes on all types of window seals on new and old cars looking for something that looks close that can be modified. If anyone sees something that looks close, please pass it on.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Ebay is the way to go!!!, My El Camino was an ebay built untill I got on this forum and found other website to purchase parts...

But they do have the window felts, and those quater window seal...just put in the right search... :mrgreen:

WWW.EBAY.COM

rmorman

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2008
Perry, IA
I ended up finding some used ones. HOWEVER, I can't amd won't recommend the "gentleman" who sold them to me as he agreed to sell them to me for $150. However, he then posted them to e-bay and I had to pay OVER $350. NOT HAPPY.

SafariWagon

Master Mechanic
Jan 15, 2009
I realize this is an old topic. But has anybody figured this out yet? Is the guy in Georgia still around? Is he still making them? I've been to junk yards and if I can find one they are trashed as well.

Geo's66

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2014
Bumping this thread... Newbie here... Anyone know of these being available now? Just got a '78 monte that I'm working on, thanks

SafariWagon

Master Mechanic
Jan 15, 2009
Nope. :evil: No answer. Have to find original ones which is pretty much impossible or make your own. :roll: I am planning on the later using some rubber gasket material from a machine build application and trimming and gluing it to the steel portion. Who knows how it will turn out. It will be slightly narrower than factory, but I doubt anybody will notice. I wish somebody would reproduce these. Just about every 78-80 Monte would need them I would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor