Question about a/c delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlamoCity210

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2012
San Antonio, Tx
So i installed the a/c delete plate today. asked this question earlier about the hoses that connect to the heater. i was told that they can be blocked off with plugs from summit racing. however, i do not know the size of the plugs to get, any idea or measurement please. i would really appreciate it. also, while i am waiting for the plugs, can i run the hose from the water pump to the intake? will this cause any damage. i think i can since it circulated the same way while connected to the heater, but i just want confirmation. this is my DD so i hope to have this done by monday for work.

thanks guys

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
One hose should be 3/4 id and the other 5/8. Yes, you can loop the system water pump to intake if you wish, parts stores should sell a hose for just such a thing or you can do it with some hose you have as long as you don't kink it. If you do the latter, change one of the nipples so they are both the same ie: both 3/4 or 5/8.

AlamoCity210

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2012
San Antonio, Tx
mr evil said:
One hose should be 3/4 id and the other 5/8. Yes, you can loop the system water pump to intake if you wish, parts stores should sell a hose for just such a thing or you can do it with some hose you have as long as you don't kink it. If you do the latter, change one of the nipples so they are both the same ie: both 3/4 or 5/8.

Thanks. I ended up using the hose from the heater. It was long enough. Time to buy the plugs

1983regal

Master Mechanic
May 2, 2011
St. Louis MO.
AlamoCity210 said:
mr evil said:

Thanks. I ended up using the hose from the heater. It was long enough. Time to buy the plugs
Once you loop the hose there shouldn't be anything needing to be plugged. What are you trying to plug?

AlamoCity210

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2012
San Antonio, Tx
1983regal said:
AlamoCity210 said:
mr evil said:

Once you loop the hose there shouldn't be anything needing to be plugged. What are you trying to plug?

Well instead of having those loop around, I'd rather have the fitting plugged for a cleaner look.

1983regal

Master Mechanic
May 2, 2011
St. Louis MO.
Oh ok they should be just a 1/2 pipe plug, almost all parts stores carry them. They are available at hardware stores as well. If you have an autozone close they should have them in the performance isle, should be a kit with several sizes and they are chrome. Here is a link to them at Autozone.
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/access ... 46934_0_0_

Attachments

• pipe plugs.jpg
    pipe plugs.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 530
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor