Not open for further replies.

jetsetw31

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2010
Petersburg, VA
What engine is in your car now?

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Agree, I wouldn't use my adapter plate on a 455. It is passable with a mild 350 and a 4L60E. There are thicker better ones but then spacing comes into play. There are aftermarket bells for that, stronger and bolt right on. Unfortunately most lock up BOP trans are a 200C or nearly as weak 250C. The 2004R is the best of both worlds, when built properly. What are your plans for the car?

86-blk442

G-Body Guru
Dec 2, 2008
West Seneca, New York
I have a dual pattern th350 built with an iron TCI direct drum, upgraded clutches, and TCI rev/manual valvebody, etc... Sitting in my shed with a Competition Transmission 10" converter 2800 stall with anti baloon plates, made specifically to fit the olds flexplate. The mounting ring fits perfect in between the weights on the flexplate. It was in my 442 for 1 summer, never drag raced or beat too hard, removed it for a built 200-4R.

bigt0006

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 17, 2012
ell sad to say that because me and my dads stupidity when we bought the car that i will not be doing anything with this car. i went to change out my shocks the other day and its the first time since i got the car that i looked under it... i know stupid me. the whole rear part of the frame is rusted through and rotted and theres also a hole in the trunk. its pretty upsetting but its mine and my dad fault for not looking before we bought it. time to find another cutlass

rustyroger

G-Body Guru
Mar 14, 2007
Margate, UK>
That sucks, sorry to hear that.
But at least you haven't bought a bunch of parts and found you had no use for them.
Maybe some members could use parts from you car?, don't expect them to be queuing up for the transmission though :D.

Roger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor