Question For Someone With Working A/C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I am trying to sort out my vacuum flapper doors for the A/C system right now, and have an odd question. With the A/C on and in MAX, should there be any air coming from the floor registers that normally are where the heat comes from? I tried mine and it does have air coming out of there, but at a much reduced rate as compared to when the heat is on, in which case no air comes through the dash vents and it all goes through the floor vent. I don't want to tear apart the A/C system to fix a non problem, but if it is not supposed to be this way, I have no choice but to take it apart and make new door seals out of foam rubber.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
I've only had one G-body(out of 9 I've owned) that had working a/c, and when it was on MAX, there was some slight blow by that came out the floor.

I'd say it's normal for a little bit to come out of the floor vents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor