Racetronix Dual 450s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
How to get twin 450's through this little hole?

Racetronix Dual In Tank pumps. It all comes apart, then like a Doctor, you make the electrical connections, fuel line connections, float level sending unit and mount the 2 pumps to the modular bracket set up inside.

The 3 ports are pretty close together so hex of the O ring adaptors touch each other preventing the 2nd and 3rd one from turning. The nice thing about O ring fittings, when you tighten them. They always stop in the same spot. So I filed off the offending tip of hex and installed the next fitting.

The bulkhead of the pump is pretty big. A little tight to the trunk floor so a modification was made to clear the pump and connections. A door was made with riv nuts and adhesive foam seal. All to be hidden under the trunk carpet.

Attachments

• racetronix1.jpg
    racetronix1.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 70
  • racetronix2.jpg
    racetronix2.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 74
  • racetronix3.jpg
    racetronix3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 70
  • ractronix4.png
    ractronix4.png
    5 MB · Views: 69
  • racetronix5.jpg
    racetronix5.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 70
  • racetronix6.jpg
    racetronix6.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 71
Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
That looks like a very, very nice setup (never seen a Racetronix part that isn't). And it looks like a very, very big PITA to get in the tank. I FULLY understand wanting the pumps in the tank for noise reasons, but dang, those look awful to service.

I much prefer access to external pumps and the 10 minutes it takes to check/service one.

How much HP are you looking to make? Those two 450's will easily make 800whp boosted and waaaaay more than that NA.

Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
How much height did you have to lift the trunk floor? I ran into issues getting a single -6 elbow to not hit the trunk on my twin 450 home brew setup and ended up putting some 3/8" spacers between the trunk and floor pan.

Off topic, does your car have some odd 3 link suspension setup? I don't see UCA tabs on that housing.

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
It's definitely a nice product. It's more than just the 2 pumps, the bracket system is not just a stamped steel bracket. All precision aluminum with dowels and threaded holes made to be easily assembled, through the hole. Came with a Hobbs switch to turn on the second pump but I will just use the Holley ECU to command it. A complete wiring harness with battery connections with big wires to run the pumps and relays, then signal wires reach to front of car.

I did try the spacers to lower the tank idea. How much is sticks up is shown in pic 2. This is without the rubber isulator strips that surround the tank. First I used 1/2" PVC but there was no friction between the tank and floor so the tank was sliding forward and backward. Then I tried rubber pads to incorporate the curves in the floor to capture the tank but didn't like the fuel neck being a little low. This combined with what you say, limited access. Decided on a bit of trimming for an access cover. I cut first, then was going to build a box but found a solution at Walmart in the Kitchenware section. A no stick, coated baking pan. The rolled edge for strength and the edges were slightly rounded from being pressed into shape. Used some adhesive foam strips to seal it and riv nuts to attach it to the car. Might add some carpet backing around it and with the carpet over it, only you guys will know it's there.

Missing upper tabs? With it being all black under there, didn't think anyone would notice. Yes, it's only 2 link at the moment. A panhard and a crossmember for the 3rd link or torque arm will be built. I will post pics when that project is complete.

Attachments

• 20221202_203712.jpg
    20221202_203712.jpg
    808.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 20221202_211959.jpg
    20221202_211959.jpg
    510.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 20230102_222255.jpg
    20230102_222255.jpg
    849.2 KB · Views: 62
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor