Radio decision help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy24g

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2008
Newtown PA
Well I just bought a 1990 GMC Jimmy. Anyway I need a radio and I wanted something like JVC KD-NX5000, but one that is newer. That radio came out three-four years ago. So I wanted something newer so any bugs that where in something like that would be ironed out. If you can let me know what is out there let me know

Thanks

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
Check www.crutchfield.com. They have all the newest stuff. I usually go there to see what I like, then go to Ebay to buy for far less.

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
Go to the car audio/video section and input what type of car you have and search the section of dvd/video in-dash section. See what you like with the similar features of the unit you are talking about, and voila.

NY87SS

Greasemonkey
Dec 14, 2008
Palmyra, NY
Tuggy24g said:
Thanks for the website, but I am not sure really what to look for in respect of what I am looking for. I want a similar radio to the one mentioned above, but a newer one or version.

OK, don't know if this link will work

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_182350/In- ... l?tp=20212

But what you want to find similar is just a in dash navigation unit.

Crutchfield is the place to look and find units.

This is what I suggest because I just did the same thing very quickly.
Look up the specs and features of that older unit you posted.
Look for In Dash navigation units with similar specs and features.
Then when you find units that might do the job, search those units out again on google like JVC-430298383 reviews, then you can read the reviews to see what users found with them. One whether their problem units, easy to use etc, then make YOUR decisions. If I tell you what I like, well its what I like and you maynot like it.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor