radio harness diagram?

Status
Not open for further replies.

83Cutlass2181

Greasemonkey
Jun 3, 2008
does anyone have a diagram of which color wires are what, on the stock harness? thanks.

pokertramp

G-Body Guru
Aug 10, 2008
If you have the factory radio it says it on there I think, it did in my 1982 Regal.

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
Most all the GM vehicles had the same colors for 4-speaker wiring, I'm pretty sure the power/ground/illumination wires are the same as well. If you're adding an aftermarket stereo you'll probably have to pigtail off a constant +12v... many have used the orange wire running to the cigarette lighter, and I believe that's what the radio memory is tied into on newer cars as well.

I just found this, could prove extremely useful.
http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/GM-Wiring.pdf

J3

Greasemonkey
Jan 1, 2009
East TX

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
Most all GM vehicles have used one of only a few different connectors for the radio. Those that had add-on amplifiers sometimes had additional connections, but they were separate from the regular radio harness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor