RADIO WIRES?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbodyera

Greasemonkey
Dec 10, 2009
Miami,FL/ DET,MI
What color is the wire that controls the memory of a radio?

Everytime I set my eq settings, turn off my car and turn it back on, the settings don't stay.

yellow or blue

Ok. cool guys.
Also, what about the accesory turn on wire. The radio only turns on when key is in "ON" position. but not accesory.
The guy that had the car before me really screwed these wires around here.

Yellow is hot in accy or run and comes off the radio fuse. Orange is hot at all times and used for memory and power antenna and comes off clock/lighter/courtesy fuse. No power in accy could be a problem in the ignition switch itself.

I know 4sure its not the ignition switch. I just replaced that with my new column.\

Like I said, the previous a$$hole screwed it up. I DONT EVEN SEE AN ORANGE WIRE BACK THERE. The only yellow wire is hooked up to the power wire on the radio. Besides the front and rear speaker wires, theres 2 wire left over. One's grey and I think the other's black. I had to hook up the black to ground radio wire to get sound. The radio is playing without a ground hooked up.

You could run your own wire to a constant hot at the fuse box. You can also check out 12volt.com to get wire colors also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor