Random images

Maverick's_Monte

Greasemonkey
Sep 15, 2011
Rhode Island
Looks good. I haven't done too many slathered with sauce while in the smoker, next batch I do I'll have to try it and see how they do.
Thank you! I smoke them with the dry rub only, let them bark up nice, then the last hour or so I'll brush on a heavy coat of sweet baby rays. that has worked for me.

Reactions: 1 user

Maverick's_Monte

Greasemonkey
Sep 15, 2011
Rhode Island
NOW THAT'S WHAT AH'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!

Ever considered combining the two and making a pulled pork pizza?

Nick
HA! Thanks for the reply. We do that one all the time. Typically I'll smoke a pork butt and use the meat from that for a "porkie-pie". I add mushrooms, use sweet baby rays as a base, instead of tomato sauce, and double cheddar cheese. Also do a prosciutto, sliced pear and feta pizza that people seem to like. The pizza oven was a total corona virus splurge, but we use it. I was putting an outdoor kitchen in anyway and it was the "lets kick this up a notch" moment in the project.

Reactions: 1 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Thank you! I smoke them with the dry rub only, let them bark up nice, then the last hour or so I'll brush on a heavy coat of sweet baby rays. that has worked for me.
I use Sonny's BBQ Sauce because I avoid the high fructose corn syrup, Sonny's is local to us here.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Sweet Baby Ray's must be a local or regional product, can't say as I have ever heard of it but then there is a lot of stuff about which I have not heard.

Do like the idea of 'shrooms, the more the merrier and the cheddar would offer a different sense of the cheese; I dig Havarti personally and like how it melts and oozes around. As for the combo, the pear and prosciutto sounds intriguing, maybe instead of the feta, a provolone or gouda, something to think about. Also like the idea of Videlia or sweet onion slices and someone pass the Garlic Salt!! Ever considered a combo of both the pear and a Granny Smith kind of green apple as a tag team, get the sugar but they are both sturdy enough to stand the heat without charring. Bummer about all this is that I just had supper and all this is making me hungry.......................... Bother.

Nick

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
FrX3DILWAAAVGTw

Reactions: 1 user

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Sweet Baby Ray's must be a local or regional product, can't say as I have ever heard of it but then there is a lot of stuff about which I have not heard.

Do like the idea of 'shrooms, the more the merrier and the cheddar would offer a different sense of the cheese; I dig Havarti personally and like how it melts and oozes around. As for the combo, the pear and prosciutto sounds intriguing, maybe instead of the feta, a provolone or gouda, something to think about. Also like the idea of Videlia or sweet onion slices and someone pass the Garlic Salt!! Ever considered a combo of both the pear and a Granny Smith kind of green apple as a tag team, get the sugar but they are both sturdy enough to stand the heat without charring. Bummer about all this is that I just had supper and all this is making me hungry.......................... Bother.

Nick

it's a mass-market sauce that can be found in grocery stores, in HEB here in Texas. I like it since I prefer sweet sauces and not vinegar or spicy. original flavor is hickory, but they have additional flavors. but if you're diabetic, watch the sugar.... and yes, it does come in the gallon jug

sauce-collection-lg.jpg

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor