Re-upholstering seats...

Status
Not open for further replies.

threetwentyseven

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 6, 2008
Medicine Hat, AB
Has anyone done their own? I'd like to see how a set of seats comes apart and how the hog-ringing is done to put the new covers on, especially how a bucket seat comes apart. I know if I had the time to go over a pair I'd eventually stumble thru it but maybe if someone had some pics of how they did theirs it would help out everyone in the community?

I did my back seats but havent put them back on the foam. I'll get picks for you. Having trouble finding some new hog rings locally also, even though I only looked once for them. You really just need the pattern. Take the old seats apart where its sewn and make a template. Then trace your fabric on the template and sew it all together. Double stitch it and use leather sewing thread or the kind they use for couches so it will hold up

kingcolbert83 said:
I did my back seats but havent put them back on the foam. I'll get picks for you. Having trouble finding some new hog rings locally also, even though I only looked once for them. You really just need the pattern. Take the old seats apart where its sewn and make a template. Then trace your fabric on the template and sew it all together. Double stitch it and use leather sewing thread or the kind they use for couches so it will hold up

I believe eastwood sells the hog rings online, already picked up enough to do my seats.

youll also need hogring clamps or pliers, whatever there called...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor