BUILD THREAD Seat Change

Sweet79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2024
So I have a 1979 Pontiac Grand Prix and I would like to know, does anyone know by any chance what kind of bench seat can I install? Currently it has bucket seats and I want to change them. I found some on EBay but, I really don't know if they're compatible because I have never done anything like this before. Here is a picture of what the previous owner installed. Thank you in advance, I really appreciate it.
IMG20240718202539.jpg

Attachments

• IMG20240718202425.jpg
    IMG20240718202425.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: Sweet_Johnny
Wow, Thanks that would been great it I could of bought it from you but good news! So, I found out that the guy that sold me the car is now selling the original bench and rear seats and they are the 60/40s. so I'll see if he'll sell them to me. although when I bought they car 4 months ago from him he had said at one point that he would give me everything. but when I got in an accident on my bike I couldn't get a hold of him for a while. oh well. I guess I'll buy them.
Good luck man, I hope you get them cheap because it sounds like he's pumping you for money. I've been through that before. There's a finite supply of G Body seats and brackets but we can make anything fit if we're driven. Before you solidify a deal with him try and post pics of the seats and the price he's asking because we may be able to beat it depending on shipping costs.

Reactions: Sweet79
Good luck man, I hope you get them cheap because it sounds like he's pumping you for money. I've been through that before. There's a finite supply of G Body seats and brackets but we can make anything fit if we're driven. Before you solidify a deal with him try and post pics of the seats and the price he's asking because we may be able to beat it depending on shipping costs.
Thanks I thought so too.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor