Rear control arm question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geezy24

Apprentice
Nov 18, 2017
I have 1987 Buick Grand National and I have been redoing several components on the car. I need to do the lower and upper rear control arms, diff bushings etc.
What type and brand should I go with? Adjustable/nonadjustable
I just want the car to handle well when on the highway/street driving.

Thank you for the input in advance.

Here is a small list of what I have done so far
Car is stock with minor modifications and would just like better handling.
I just installed the front MOOG rebuild kit with new center link and pitman arm, ball joints etc.
Bilsteinshocks
Rear 1.5 belltech coils
Tokico shocks/ which I will be switching to belltech lowering shocks
I have tublar front lower control arms DJM w/new bushings
Blazer spindles with corvette z06 calipers and 14inch rotors
20 inch 3 piece wheels
Rear is getting the z06 caliper conversion as well
Among engine maintence and gaskets etc.

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
Boxed or tubular lowers with polyurethane bushings are good. Poly bushings in the rearend and adjustable uppers with rotational bushing - Johnny joint, rotojoint, etc - should be used to allow pinion angle adjustment and minimize suspension bind. This will give you a nicer than stock setup. Do not use polyurethane in front and rear locations on the uppers!! It will bind and create all sorts of scary handling.... especially if you are pushing the limits of the car.

As for what brand, stick to any of the “name brands” you like. Everyone has their favorite, and they’re all good. I personally run umi. They have great customer service and are willing to chat about setup without pushing a sale. The cheap ebay sh*t is just that.

Geezy24

Apprentice
Nov 18, 2017
Boxed or tubular lowers with polyurethane bushings are good. Poly bushings in the rearend and adjustable uppers with rotational bushing - Johnny joint, rotojoint, etc - should be used to allow pinion angle adjustment and minimize suspension bind. This will give you a nicer than stock setup. Do not use polyurethane in front and rear locations on the uppers!! It will bind and create all sorts of scary handling.... especially if you are pushing the limits of the car.

As for what brand, stick to any of the “name brands” you like. Everyone has their favorite, and they’re all good. I personally run umi. They have great customer service and are willing to chat about setup without pushing a sale. The cheap ebay sh*t is just that.

Thank you! That explains alot!!! Very helpful! I want a better than stock!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor