• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
The narrator is clearly a jerk off.

butthurt GIF

He hates on most everything, because it's comedy.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Looks like it could use an alignment. Maybe not, but he moves that steery wheel a bit too much, or the roads suck wherever he's going. Is that a 4WD H/O??? Sits way too high in the front. Pretty nice car, otherwise.

He lied some. When adjusted and mounted properly, those L/R's can take all you can give them. He's just a pu$$y, apparently. After watching the other handles bounce around, it appears his mounting plates, or the shifter to the plate, is loose as a goose. He needs some service on that thing.

And it was 180 HP, not 140. I'm amazed that though he generally got some of his facts right, he totally hosed this one. And the fact that Olds and Hurst only started dating in 1968. Wrong again. They were unofficially seeing each other on the DL since the early 60s.

The only thing he's absolutely right about is nostalgia. It sells. Always has, but that has been the case since the beginning of man. Relive your dream. So all the word salad he threw out there about nostalgia was just jibber jabber, fool. (you may recall that 80s reference)

He rags on the car, and that's fine. He probably wasn't alive in 1984 anyway, so he couldn't even fathom a clue on how things actually were back then. He likely grew up when HP was already on the rebound. When you looked to a 200 HP turbo-charged V6 as the strongest "muscle" available at the time, there were SLIM pickings out there as far as the rest of the crowd. If you wanted super fun without a power adder, people did a lot of Mustang LX 5.0. Because they were lightweight (relatively) and quick. And you can forget about all those rice burners because that's all they did in the 80s. Burn rice and rust away. Again, the younger crowd today didn't know what Japanese cars were like in the early to mid-80s. They were laughed at. By EVERYONE. Today little self-powered shopping carts have more HP than many cars "back in the day". Anyone who grew up around cars in the 80s knows what I'm talking about. If you don't, then you never drove a new G-body. NOBODY ever thought they would stop making G-bodies, let alone Oldsmobiles. They were EVERYWHERE. Everywhere!!

Obviously, sh*t wasn't the same back then as it is now. And the 84 H/O was still a gentleman's hot rod so to speak. Not so much on the power side, but it was the only thing Olds had in their stables that could muster up some wheel spin and look good doing it.

I think he tries too hard to be funny while trying to come up with hard hitting and unforgettable quotes. But he falls short on doing that, IMO. The thing is, he's trying to critique a car that is out of his era. It'd be like me trying to critique a 64 442. Doesn't hold much weight.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I like/watch some of his videos, he is more entertainer than actual reviewer. Comedy is the goal.

I agree he is overly harsh on the performance and comparing it to a 5.0 mustang and some acknowledgement that it WAS a performance car in its day would have been nice.

The owner must have put some donk lift front springs in the damn thing! Yikes.

Nov 4, 2012
I used to like watching RCR back when he actually reviewed regular cars.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I used to like watching RCR back when he actually reviewed regular cars.

This popped up in my feed this morning:

It's five years old and sounds the exact same as the video above. I am not offended, and it didn't stop me from buying one or enjoying it. Anyone taking things like this far too seriously need to reevaluate their life: You are not special.

And yes, I have never had a good pick up line.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
This popped up in my feed this morning:

It's five years old and sounds the exact same as the video above. I am not offended, and it didn't stop me from buying one or enjoying it. Anyone taking things like this far too seriously need to reevaluate their life: You are not special.

And yes, I have never had a good pick up line.
Meh, not offended in the least if that comment was directed at me. I was just stating my opinion that the guy is a jerk off. Apparently you don't agree? What does "you are not special" mean?

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Meh, not offended in the least if that comment was directed at me. I was just stating my opinion that the guy is a jerk off. Apparently you don't agree? What does "you are not special" mean?

It was a general statement. People love getting offended about everything these days.

Your feelings don't make you special.

Comedians usually target someone to get a reaction. If it did, he won.

Last edited:

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Sorry, Mike. Can't agree with your definition of a comedian. Azzholes target someone just to get a "reaction." Comedians target someone to get a laugh, trying to help them forget their real-world problems temporarily.

He's not very funny IMO, and I don't rate him up there very far as a comedian. Kinda like a Bill Maher type. They think they're funny, they call themselves a comedian (a CINO- Comedian in name only) but really they're just mostly abrasive. Abrasive ain't funny. Unless you're watching it happen to someone else on a show like Ridiculousness or Jacka$$.

Nobody needs to take any of this sh*t seriously. It shortens life spans.

• Winner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor