removing door panels.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
i am removing the door panels in my regal, u got the bottom part off, but how do you remove the upper part with the window crank. i cant figure out how to take it off.

Geesie

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2008
San Diego
The window crank handle basically just pulls off the crank itself. To get the trim panel itself off, make sure the pull strap is removed and the armrest is removed. Then you just lift the panel off, pull straight up and it should pop out of its groove.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
i highly recommend buying an automotive upholstry clip remover/pry bar. http://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/shop/OLD-31001.html i wish i remembered where i got mine but the end is more square with a wide channel at the tip which changes to a narrower one in the middle. it works on large and small clips and makes popping window cranks much easier.

antysmithers

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2008
Tarentum, PA
i used to use a couple screwdrivers to pull the clip off, but after messing up a couple door panels, i decided to buy the correct tool for the application, i got mine from advance auto parts, and it was relitively inexpensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor