Reproduction Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay290

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 25, 2011
I've got a 79 Monte Carlo Is there any places to find reproduction parts (hood, interior) seems like these cars where never in big demand and not a whole lot of people make aftermarket repro's for them.

jmangham

Apprentice
Dec 11, 2009
I have a 79 mc also.This is is the best forum I have found for my car. Unfortunately there is just not much aftermarket support for the 78-80 body style right now, but it is getting better. The good thing as far as interior is the interchangability of interior parts like the plastic pillar posts, door panels, etc. Salvage yards are your friends for these cars are far as body/exterior goes. There are new replacement parts out there, just have to search the net a little harder. Good place to start is here: www.dixiemontecarlodepot.com and the various links at the bottom of the forum page on this site. Here is some inspiration: http://www.montecarloclub.com/Monthly_Feature_Page.htm . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2518703/1 ... onte-carlo.

SumoBu

Apprentice
Dec 5, 2010
someone needs to start reproducing the little compartment that goes in font of the center console, aka "the bread box"

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
Yeah you just have to check sites like this for individuals selling stuff. Lots of good stuff for sale here, though. Just have paitience and keep your eyes peeled, youll find what you need.

SumoBu

Apprentice
Dec 5, 2010
I've been checkin on here and craigslist/ebay religiously for the "bread box". Seems like I can find everything but that.

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
Yeah youll probably just have to buy an enire console. Seems like some people want one thats the exact color they want, dont be afraid to paint!!!

SumoBu

Apprentice
Dec 5, 2010
I'm with you on that, I've got good results with rust-oleum vinyl and fabric dye. I tried it on the door panels in my jeep and it came out real good so I did the dash cap in my car from brown to black.

J3

Greasemonkey
Jan 1, 2009
East TX
Yeah somebody really needs to start re-popping parts for the 78-80s. Had somebody back into mine in a parking lot a couple years ago, it dented the passenger front fender and door. After the insurance adjuster looked at it they couldn't find a reproduction or used fender, polished fender well trim, or even the plastic clips to hold the door rocker trim on. So they had to cough up the extra $ to fix the original fender, and I just decided to take the rest of the trim off. Worked out for the best cause I'd rather have the original sheet metal on the car anyway, but if the damage had been worse I would've been in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor