Reproduction parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
I think most parts are made by the same companies just sold by different G Body vendors. Quality as to fit is a hit and miss on body and trim parts. My fiberglass trunk lid gaps are pretty wide and sits higher in the middle. If I adjust down in the front then it hits in the rear corners. The metal cowl hood is the same. Both parts Made in the USA! NOS is best if you can find it and have deep pockets.

Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
The Parts Place hands down has some of the best replacement parts or repro parts I've came across. They don't have everything but offer some very hard to find Nos parts. https://www.thepartsplaceinc.com/
Really depends on the part. Some are good, some suck. Some are just, well, OK. At least they're trying.

Mike's Montes usually makes up for the quality of some of the repro parts by providing some of the best service around. The whole ball of wax needs to be considered when dealing with these parts companies.

Reactions: 1 users

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
Really depends on the part. Some are good, some suck. Some are just, well, OK. At least they're trying.

Mike's Montes usually makes up for the quality of some of the repro parts by providing some of the best service around. The whole ball of wax needs to be considered when dealing with these parts companies.
Ive bought great things from Mike's Monte, great quality.

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY

I agree on the quality point. Also at least they're trying. I think our G-bodies are at least getting the respect and attention they deserve. Also agree on Mike's Monte's.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor