Rerouting fuel lines from sender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olds307guy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 2, 2019
I thought you had an electric pump. Are you using the old 5/16 vent line for your fuel line? If that line has a hole in it the pump will never draw fuel from the tank
Yes thats what im doing , and also i redid all the rubber lines and never touched the steel lines
i will know if this solve my fuel pick up issue once i fill it up.

Olds307guy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 2, 2019
Are you sure the firing order is correct? Oldsmobile distributors turn counter clockwise.
Yes im aware and the firing order is on the intake as well. One of m y spark plug wires comes loose when i rotate the cap so i just ordered a new set of wires and plugs from rock auto less than 29 shipped.

Once i redo the wires and spark plugs , im going fill the tank and if my baby dont stay running im down to ignition switch as last possible solution. It cranks but wont run. Also im not good with carburators so thats going be my last stab at it before i scrap the 307which id hate todo. Less than 75000 miles on it from a 83 le sabre

Olds307guy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 2, 2019
Hello, everyone. I wanted to thank you guys for all help and tips. I wanted to update this for anyone having same issues with fuel pick up.

I blew compressed air through all lines,
Fabricated my own line and was still having pick up issues on the new line.
After months of hard work,( mostly thinking) I found a solution by getting a low pressure fuel pump 4-7 psi and ran it to switch. It primes the lines real well. I still have my mechanical pump and this combination should help any fuel starved rod. I feel like such a newbie but I'm self taught and most my lessons come from not knowing and trying everything to get it right any ways thanK you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor