Return line

Status
Not open for further replies.

chophead

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2015
pa hill billy hell
Ok so my 86 el camino project needs a fuel tank. So i brought a new 22 gal stock type tank , new pick up with 2 lines coming out and new carb and pump.
The pump is a holley that doesn't require a regulator. And a 650 street demon carb.

This el has a 305 with a 4bl barrel gm aluminum factory intake and a set of headers. Not much else is know at this time except it once lived in Arizona.

My question is

Can i hook up the fuel line with no return to the stock tank?
(Street driven car maybe 70 miles a day)

If i can run without the return line hooked up then do i run a vent on the return line?

Do i need a vented or unvented cap?

Or should i run a stock style pump and just hook up the return?

If i have to go this route do i run a vemted or unvented cap?
(I see 3 lines that are factory on the el. 3/8ths fuel, 5/16ths return and 1/4in vent. El had no tank when i got her)

I already have the holley pump and the street demon carb so i would like to use them and where i live emissions isnt a issue.

Future plans will be a 350 / 4l60e from 98 chevy van but for now we need to run what we got cause i just a poor b i t c h in this economy.

Guys i appreciate any and all advice. Sorry for the long read. I just wanted to give as much info as i could from the start.

THANK YOU !!!!
Screenshot_20210619-193306_Facebook.jpg

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
The return line varied on what got it. My old '79 Monte (267 car), '86 Monte parts car (305) & my '81 Monte (229 car) did't have it. The '86 SS I got my new frame off of did. I will not be running a vent line on the '81 with the L48 & will be using a stock gas cap. You can just cap the return line at both ends, get a vented which seems like the only cap I can find & run it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor