rewirring my monte ss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbodydude

Greasemonkey
May 27, 2008
i want to rewire my car.the wirring is all hack up.has any one done this? can someone give me some advice on it?

jonnyslick

G-Body Guru
Jun 2, 2008
Crossville, TN
I've never done it ... but I've seen Painless Wiring kits done before and they are clean and complete. I guess the other option would be going to a wrecker and pulling a complete harness out of another and installing it. Problem is that you'll have to fix what's broken and you'll still be dealing with 20+ year old wiring.

You could custom make your own, but if your like me and have about zero brains when it comes to that stuff ... it's better to get completed harnesses done for you.

I'm going to use the Painless stuff when I re-wire my 1974 BMW. When I did the engine swaps in the 240's I would always pay a wiring service to do the work for me so that it was "plug and play" ...

cuz i aint gots no time to be fooln' with no stinkn' wire'z! :lol:

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
An easy option, if you can find it, would be to pull an un hacked harness from a junkyard donor car. I did this on my car when I added options, and swapped from a Buick 3.8 to a Chevy 350. The car has several subharnesses, so you probably don't need all the wiring in the car, just the appropriate subharness. If you need a dash harness, you will need to remove the dash to get it out, and unbolt the bulkhead connector at the firewall so that you can remove the dash side with the fuse panel attached. It is not hard to do, and will take around half an hour to dismantle once you know how.

gbodydude

Greasemonkey
May 27, 2008
rewirring my car

i have a big block and a turbo 400 in it,plus a delated the a/c,and added autometer gauges to it.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
What do you need to rewire? Do you plan to keep the stock switches, etc? Which circuits? I am not going to sit here and type out a massive response to a vague original question.

gbodydude

Greasemonkey
May 27, 2008
rewirring my car.

sorry, i think i just need to rewire the engine and interior.i well be useing autometer gauges in it. also i'am pulling the a/c out.and i'am instilling a 400 sbc with a turbo 400 trany. thanks for you time and help

dougfather

Master Mechanic
Jul 11, 2006
Altoona PA
Check out my sticky in the Engines/Swaps forum. I have the engine harness wiring there. I have schematics for this stuff too.

gbodydude

Greasemonkey
May 27, 2008
thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor