riddle me this batman...

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
why are so many people selling cars without titles? how can you sell someone a car without a title? a bill of sale is not proof of ownership!

there are tons of listings with "no title" in them on craigs list and it makes me nervous. why dont you have a title? why dont you get a copy if you're the owner? why should i buy a car from someone who cant prove they own the car they're selling?

getting a title isnt hard if you own the car, so get a title!

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
I tend to stay as far away from cars w/o titles. In new York you can't register the car unless you have the Title in hand. If I were looking to buy a car for strictly strip then the title is less of an issue. Your right though, there have been a bunch of titleless cars as of late. 8)

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
When I bought my cutlass I was 16. And the car was over 20 years old at the time. The DMV in connecticut said they stop issueing titles after a vehicle is 20 years old or older. I dont know about anywere else but in CT that what they do. But made it very difficult to register it and title it in NJ without a CT title.

BIGBrandon2785

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2011
Saint Louis,MO
In Missouri your not gonna license a car without a title,plain and simple.You cant even scrap a car with out a title................Only way I might buy a car with out a title is if I got a bill of sale and planed to part it out.

oldiejams

Master Mechanic
Jan 21, 2011
Tucson
orphans
I know people who have a car with no title that is in better condition than an identical car that has a title. they just take what they can from the orphan car.

i don't understand people losing titles though, and i don't think people are stealing cars then selling them via craigslists. then again i wouldn't put it past any one putting any thing on CL.

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
You can apply for a lost title or something in some states. Some just get lost sometimes people just don't care.

oldiejams

Master Mechanic
Jan 21, 2011
Tucson
79loserbluebu said:
You can apply for a lost title or something in some states. Some just get lost sometimes people just don't care.

yeah or abandoned title. forgot about those

BIGBrandon2785

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2011
Saint Louis,MO
79loserbluebu said:
I know here in Missouri you can apply for a lost title but your name has to be the name on the last issued title.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
JBreu said:
I tend to stay as far away from cars w/o titles. In new York you can't register the car unless you have the Title in hand. If I were looking to buy a car for strictly strip then the title is less of an issue. Your right though, there have been a bunch of titleless cars as of late. 8)
JBreu,
I think most states require a title to register the car. NC and VA have lost title applications that allow them to search the stolen vehicle listings before issuing another title. Lots of cars without titles are former salvage title cars, destined for the scrap yard but saved and rebuilt instead. The CL people selling cars without titles oughta be providing a carfax report at least, just to show the history and reassure the buyer.

gk666

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2010
Thus far no one has talked about the Nissan Skyline in this thread... If ever there were a car to sell without a title that's the one... you should read about it and how communism run by Porsche owners sucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor