79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
Rest in peace Burt

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
friend said to me today " with all the tail he got it's surprising he didn't die of an STD ! ". I watched " The Last Movie Star " and it seemed almost like a biopic. RIP.

And yes, from the moment he backed that Black TA out of the trailer in Smokey and The Bandit I was HOOKED !

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Boogie Nights.

Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
Burt was a pretty cool guy. Guys wanted to be him and gals wanted to be with him.

Reactions: 1 user

Clarmo

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2016
Ottawa, Canada
If you're a car guy/gal, you loved Burt.
Sad to hear of his passing, happy to have grown up watching his movies!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Burt was a class act,
R.I.P. Burt. You'll always be a legend to us all. :friday:

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
Burt was a true Icon,Star an Hero to many!! His fast paced movies kept ya on the edge, his humour kept you laughing. Chics, cars an rigs, God Bless him for helping many threw puberty an giving something to Dream about!!! We honestly need more Burt's!!

RIP!!! 😔

Rapidride2

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 30, 2018
NOTHING and i mean NOTHING topped the Bandit in the 1970's and early 1980's.
I never realized Smokey and the Bandit bested a little movie called STAR WARS in the box office back then.

My buddy had a Huffy 'Bandit' bicycle back in the day. He was king before we all went awol into serious BMX racing.

We would play 'Cops and Robbers' on bicycles bitd. Smokey and the Bandit was a huge influence on how the game was played.

At 5 years old I had absolutely never heard my dad laugh as loud and hard as he did when Smokey and the Bandit was released on television for the first time.

Thanks Burt Reynolds for the memories and promoting testosterone on a regular basis. (Something they are clearly trying to ban these days..lol)

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor