RockAuto Window Sweeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

overtheline

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 11, 2012
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone could provide feedback on the outer window sweeps that are available on RockAuto under Farichild part nos. G2113 and G2114. They are sold alone or as a pair (part no. KG2113). I have seen reviews on this site by beeterolds and several others, but they are from several years ago, and seem to just comment on how they look when held next to the existing sweeps. I haven't seen where anyone has installed them and given a review. Can anyone speak to how well they hold up or how well they hold the window in place so it doesn't blow in and out on the freeway?

Also, could anyone comment on whether it is a good idea to replace the inners as well? Mine are still flexible and not visibly deteriorating in any way like the outers are. I'm wondering if it is necessary to replace them. The only reason I could think as to why I would at this time is if they are contributing to the aforementioned window shake. I know the outers are the main contributor because they are rock hard and have broken off to the point they almost aren't there anymore.

Thanks!

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
If your inner sweeps are still pliable, I would just purchase the outers. That's pretty much what I did. The inners are not subjected to as much abuse and weather conditions as the outers.

I purchased my outer sweeps from an Ebay source. RockAuto did not show them for a wagon or 4-dr. or else I would've probably have bought them from them as well.

I believe Fairchild Products makes them for everyone.

overtheline

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 11, 2012
Good to know that Fairchild makes them all. That way I don't really have to wonder whether there is any difference in quality between retailers. So for that matter does any have feedback on these two-door outer sweeps for any retailer, not just RockAuto?

Longroof - are yours working out OK? Quality close to original?

Thanks

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Also, Dixie Monte Carlo should have them as well. If I recall correctly, the price wasn't that bad either. I'm sure the ones they carry are most likely made by Fairchild. However, they may sell them as a set of 4 (inner and outer).

My sweeps seem good so far, and again the type may be slightly different. I think certain types of cars use a wider bead. Mine uses a narrow/thin bead.

I think between RockAuto or Dixie, you should be good.

http://www.dixiemontecarlodepot.com/Pro ... &d=213&p=1

http://www.dixiemontecarlodepot.com/Pro ... &d=213&p=1

http://www.dixiemontecarlodepot.com/Pro ... &d=213&p=2

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
You're welcome, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor