Rotating Assembly/update

Status
Not open for further replies.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
jrm81bu said:
Well I was mostly wondering how they would balance an assembled engine. They are gonna have to take it apart to check clearances and such.
Most shops will charge you a dis-assembly fee. Not trying to be a dick, just my .02's

The block is already clearanced for the crankshaft. The engine will be externally balanced and the only clearance I want to check afterward is the piston to head, so I can fit the correct gasket. They won't charge too much for this.

I am ordering the kit balanced already, but when it comes in I'll drop it off at the shop to check/measure it (just like a cheap insurance, I've heard of some people getting kits that have incorrect measurements, or defects/etc.). I don't want to spend an extra 300$ on the install is all. Plus it will be a learning experience, as I've never installed a bottom end, but have read a lot and have a friend who will help me.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
Another update...

Still waiting for the rotating assembly kit, it's been back-ordered for a few weeks.

I've bought a pair of aluminum patriot 190cc (/68cc) heads from White Performance, also decided to go with a retro-fit hydraulic roller from comp cams (the exact one I'll decide in the future). The heads were 800$ plus 50$ charge for upgrading to dual springs etc. for the hyd. roller. Total is 900$ including shipping. I thought it was a steal compared to AFR's 195cc intake runner I was debating on at around 1400$ +shipping... these ones also have a little larger valve at 2.05 instead of the usual 2.02. They flow at a 500 lift at 252 cfm but pick up considerably after this. I'll run around a 520 lift cam with a seat-to-seat duration in the 280 range. Guessing that size cam will take advantage of the increased air flow after 500 lift without compromising too much streetability.

From the guestimate, these heads will allow me to reach around the 500 hp mark with the right hyd. roller cam, Edel. RPM air gap, and 750/800cfm 4 barrel.

(I also cut out the cat and air pump pulley for fun until the new engine goes in :p :p )

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor