1979Calais

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2011
Maryland
FE3X CLONE said:
IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1277.jpg

IMG_1275.jpg

I bought this rotisserie for around $800 new. Don't know if the guy is in business anymore or not though.

Sell me yours or do you have the information for where you got yours?

Carlola

Master Mechanic
Feb 5, 2011
Mine is the one posted in the home built tools thread, definitely worth it especially for a 1 time deal as you can specify it a bit for your car. Maybe a few hundred bucks in material, I kinda winged it from pics, just find a style you like and have at er, definitely worth it, I can't imagine all the underbody work without it.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
1979Calais said:

The guy I bought it from used to be on Ebay and was fairly local to me (other side of Indianapolis) but I don't know if he still makes them or not.

At the time he was pretty inexpensive for the style I bought.

I don't have any plans on selling it though. Way too handy. A friend of mine is borrowing it right now for his restoration.

Burnhard

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2010
I was going to make one but the cost of the steel was more than it cost to buy one.There are lots of models out there some made in China some in the USA. I plan on buying a USA made rotisserie I just don't trust off shore parts with my life its not like a chrome air cleaner.There is lots of good you tube videos from the USA made units.You might be able to buy a good used unit or rent one.Some media blast shops have them and will mount your car blast it prime and paint the under carage for a good price.

1979Calais

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2011
Maryland
Burnhard said:
I was going to make one but the cost of the steel was more than it cost to buy one.There are lots of models out there some made in China some in the USA. I plan on buying a USA made rotisserie I just don't trust off shore parts with my life its not like a chrome air cleaner.There is lots of good you tube videos from the USA made units.You might be able to buy a good used unit or rent one.Some media blast shops have them and will mount your car blast it prime and paint the under carage for a good price.

What is the one you about to get, if you don't mind me asked?

1979Calais

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2011
Maryland
FE3X CLONE said:
1979Calais said:

The guy I bought it from used to be on Ebay and was fairly local to me (other side of Indianapolis) but I don't know if he still makes them or not.

At the time he was pretty inexpensive for the style I bought.

I don't have any plans on selling it though. Way too handy. A friend of mine is borrowing it right now for his restoration.

Ok, no problem. It did not hurt to ask. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor