Rubber and vinyl preserver/ protector recommendation

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Just another low-dollar option for seals I ran across. Never tried it, but for <10 bucks, it might do fine.

1718109331333.png

Just another DuPont-sponsored product made specifically for rubber seals. Actually made by Finish Line Technologies in NY. They make specialty bicycle lubes and chemical products. Good thing is this (circled):

1718109485657.png

Reactions: 4 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Just another low-dollar option for seals I ran across. Never tried it, but for <10 bucks, it might do fine.

View attachment 240707

Just another DuPont-sponsored product made specifically for rubber seals. Actually made by Finish Line Technologies in NY. They make specialty bicycle lubes and chemical products. Good thing is this (circled):

View attachment 240708
Thank you for posting these various products as you find them and their source.

Rgpmalibu

Greasemonkey
Oct 7, 2020
When I owned a Porsche, the guys on that forum swore by a product called Gummi Pfledge, made in Germany. They said the stuff works like magic on old weatherstripping and seals. It's available on Amazon and comes in different forms.

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users

RICKDIZZLE

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2014
I have been using this stuff for years. Goes on easy, and not greasy at all. When it's drying it does get a tad "tacky" before it cures. So I do it in the garage so dust doesn't stick to it. Works killer on the vinyl top too.
1000007772.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
When I owned a Porsche, the guys on that forum swore by a product called Gummi Pfledge, made in Germany. They said the stuff works like magic on old weatherstripping and seals. It's available on Amazon and comes in different forms.
What type and model Porsche did you own? Wurth is a known brand of German car care products. It looks like Amazon carries various brands of German car care products.
I did end up purchasing the 303 vinyl and rubber protectorant. It works pretty well and isn't greasy and glossy. I like it so far.

Reactions: 1 users

Rgpmalibu

Greasemonkey
Oct 7, 2020
What type and model Porsche did you own? Wurth is a known brand of German car care products. It looks like Amazon carries various brands of German car care products.
I did end up purchasing the 303 vinyl and rubber protectorant. It works pretty well and isn't greasy and glossy. I like it so far.
I had a 99 Boxster. I sold it to find my G body project. I've never looked back.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I had a 99 Boxster. I sold it to find my G body project. I've never looked back.
Boxster is a fun roadster. I'm an old school air cooled guy. I own a 356 coupe and had a 914.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor