???s about hooking up gages

Status
Not open for further replies.

78olds_ponce

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 6, 2010
tri-cities,wa
hi ive got sum ?s about hooking gages in my cutlass.need help with hooking up the oil,temp,volt, rpms gages.like where they go.and how to hook them to where they go..thanks mike

87SS383

Apprentice
Jan 15, 2010
Are you hooking non-stock gauges that are in a different place such as in the D/S Windshield Frame or under the radio? If you're hooking up factory replacements it should just be plug and play.

78olds_ponce

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 6, 2010
tri-cities,wa
my bad i meant to say i wanted to know where to hook up after martket gauges,since my car stock gauges dont have oil pressure,rpm's and that stuff. just check engine and speedomiter.

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
For the tach the green wire will go to the tach terminal on the distributor. White will go to a wire that is hot when your lights are on so like for an underdash light or I beleive there's one closer. Red goes to positive and black goes to a ground.

For oil pressure just take your pressure sending unit out from behind the intake and then use the hardware from the gauge to put that in and route the tiny line through the firewall.

For volts you can do what I did and simply tap into the cigar lighter wire for power and then put the black to ground. The white wires for all of the gauges are the illumination wire so you can put all of those together with the tach one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor