S10 4x4 rear disc brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Eller

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2017
Does anyone know if late model S10 4x4 rear disc brakes can be used to change over an 8.5 Buick Grand National rear end to disc brakes from drum brakes? I found a whole rearend for sale?
Thank you

Jeff Eller

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2017
He answered your question, but I don't think you will have the answer ( no offense 86LK ). S10 trucks of any year never came with rear disc brakes from the factory. The answer is YES, but you will do better by swapping LS Camaro rear discs. Check Turbobuick.com for all the info.
When you say LS Camaro what years are you referring to? Also if a truck rearend had rear disc what would it be off of or out of? Ive seen multiple rearend for sale on the internet that stated they were S10 four wheel drive rears with rear discs.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
S10 blazers had rear discs

Reactions: 1 user

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
When you say LS Camaro what years are you referring to? Also if a truck rearend had rear disc what would it be off of or out of? Ive seen multiple rearend for sale on the internet that stated they were S10 four wheel drive rears with rear discs.
It would be 98+ FBody. There are too many variants/ways of completing this swap. I tried to provide the link off Turbobuick.com, but is was a bad link. Keep searching here, and the other forum. You can do it both ways.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Here's a 4wd ZR2 rear . See the width of that rotor? It takes special offset wheels ( Vette, Fbody ) to work.
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335822911&icep_item=292644881188

How about other options? Buy the correct all-in-one kit from SSBC or Inline tube. This is if you must have disk brakes. Another option is to use Aluminum rear drums ( better heat disappation ) along with s10 rear wheel cylinders that hold more fluid ( from a manual brake truck ) .

Firetruck1

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2017
I bolted a set of blazer rear disc brakes directly on to my 8.5 rear end. All I did was rebend the hard lines and transfer the tabs that hold on the hose to the axle tube.

Reactions: 1 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
you can pull the fronts AND the rears from a 98-2005 S10 Blazer 4x2 4-door. hell, you can pull the whole front spindle and bolt it in (on a 5th gen El Camino). on the rears, you will have to cut the top of the wheel cylinder mounting tab off, drill 2 holes, then bolt the rear disc on. plenty of videos on Youtube showing that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor