Sad Day in NHRA

Status
Not open for further replies.

1fast87olds

Greasemonkey
Feb 18, 2006
St. Albans Wv
This sucks i got on NHRA.com to check for updates an i seen this....

Eric Medlen, 33, who had emerged as one of the most popular young drivers in the NHRA POWERade Drag Racing Series, succumbed Friday afternoon to injuries suffered when his race car crashed into a guardwall during a Monday test session at Gainesville Raceway. The talented Funny Car driver never regained consciousness. After being treated at the track, he was transported by ShandsCair helicopter to Shands at the University of Florida medical center where medical staff treated him for four days for a severe closed head injury.

NHRA President Tom Compton, on the passing of Eric Medlen....Words cannot describe how everyone at NHRA is feeling after the passing of one of our brightest young stars, Eric Medlen. He earned his way to the top through hard work and perseverance and, in doing so, gained the respect of his fellow competitors. Eric was a great spokesperson not only for John Force Racing but the sport of NHRA POWERade Drag Racing and he will be forever remembered for his enthusiasm, uplifting personality and ever-present smile. He was destined to become a great champion in the sport and all of us at NHRA were grateful and fortunate to have shared in some of his glory. Eric left this sport far too soon and his absence will be felt by everyone within the NHRA racing community. On behalf of everyone at NHRA, I want to send our sincere condolences to the Medlen Family and John Force Racing

LedPhoot

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 26, 2007
Washington NC
Lets just imagine him setting in a bar with Earnhardt, sipping on a cold one talking about cars... I'll bow my head for the loss and the family.. RIP

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
Also, Robert Peterson died. He's the founder of Hot Rod and Motor Trend magazines, as well as many others. When the spectacular Automotive Museum in L.A. was struggling, he came up with $25 million to erase their debt. I guess that's when it became the Peterson Automotive Museum.
When in L.A., don't miss it.

rustyroger

G-Body Guru
Mar 14, 2007
Margate, UK>
the latr Eric Medlen

On behalf of drag race fans & car enthusiasts in the UK; our deepest sympathy to his family & many friends. Motorsport is dangerous - thats part of the thrill - but respect is always due to those who give so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor