sbc gaskets....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i am getting ready to re assemble my motor for my regal and have been collecting all of the parts for this. i have always been faithfull to felpro gaskets but i still get oil leaks even on my last motor i built i had leaks in the first 6 months but then again i ran all aluminum for oill pan, timing and valve covers. but even like the intake gaskets and rear mains on my last engine has had issues and i have had re torque alot of them and still they leak. i see on ebay other brands of gaskets that people are selling such as PartsDinosaur and Reliant Gaskets. are these any good or shuld i stay away from them. i am planning to use all neoprene this time so maybe i should just piece a set together. i really think cork gaskets and especially rubber gaskets are no longer options for me, it costs a bit more for neoprene but a am absolutly sick of oil leaks! plus the neoprene gaskets are REUSABLE!!

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
you're right the cork and rubber gaskets suck!!! are you using the regular gaskets or fel-pro's good stuff? i have had good luck with their blue gaskets for the t-cover and water outlet. the 1-pc blue gasket for the oil pan is great!

http://store.summitracing.com/egnse...0+4294908216+115+4294840140&Ntk=KeywordSearch

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=FPP-1880&autoview=sku

i'd use MLS head gaskets if you can get them in the right thickness for good quench. i wound up using .015 carbon graphite and spray coating them with copper RTV

look at summit for other quality companies and gaskets, like Mr.Gasket.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
that blue oil pan gasket is the neoprene style i was talking about, so far they are the best damn thing i have ever seen in the gasket world. i have alwasy just used the cheap felpro kits that are like 40-45 bucks at the parts stores, i always assumed that if its felpro it was good, maybe i was thinking crazy thoughts! you can buy the neoprene gaskets from the parts dtore but make sure you have a part number for them, they dont seem to know what you are talking about when you try to tell them, they are not too smart!

beeterolds

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2007
Cleveland ohio 44131
i prefer Mr Gasket for my engine rebuilds... the fiber gaskets is way better than felpros paper cork...and the oil pan gaskets are made of a thicker material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor