Sbc short oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I'm currently using the shorty Wix 57099. I have used the Purolater Pure 1 and have also used the AC P454.

SSMonteMan

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2015
Have you considered adding a remote filter set up? I have dual remote filters on both my Regal and Monte and have them mounted to the core support.
You would use a PH1 filter or equivalent this also adds capacity to your oil system and makes oil filter changes easy even on a hot engine.

Did you build your own remote filter setup or buy a kit? If you bought a kit, what did you buy? I'm considering doing this on my SS.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Did you build your own remote filter setup or buy a kit? If you bought a kit, what did you buy? I'm considering doing this on my SS.
I make my own braided lines and use Trans-Dapt dual filter mount and Moroso billet block adapter, I use 45 degree hose ends off the block and 90 degree at the filter set up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
I have a small inventory of AC Delco 454. They fit just fine when I was running long tube headers. I don't have the headers anymore though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
I'm running Hooker long tubes. I even have the adapter to run the oil cooler lines and use the long style AC Delco PF1218. I have no header issues whatsoever.

Attachments

• Engine Oil Cooler Adapter (GM).jpg
    Engine Oil Cooler Adapter (GM).jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 71

Jim Rockford

Master Mechanic
Nov 10, 2007
Shelby,N.C.
Walmart super tech ST5 I have hooker headers and it it the big diameter med length filter and its one of the best filters around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor