SEA FOAM FLUSH ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got a can and whats better through the carb or in the oil???

shocktech4 said:
my old hotrod shop teacher used water.. bec pretty much ur steaming the engine untill the carbon brakes off.. if u ever seen a engine once a head gasket leaks into a cylinder. almost 100% the piston looks like its brand new.. so i tryed it on my old 305 b4 i put my 355 in. and it works amazing.. just took a spray bottle. shot some in the carb for like 25 min.. took the cylinder heads off and the pistons and combustion camber were damn near new!

just a reminder if u suck up to much water. ur engine will hydraulic.. bec we all know lots of water cant be compressed.

I READ ABOUT THIS ON A COUPLE OF SITES.. THANKS FOR INFO BROTHA, NICE RIDE TOO.. 8)

houndin101 said:

GUESS IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE MILES ON YOU RIDE FOR OIL . I DID IT AS BOTTLE READS POURED INTO BRAKEBOOSTER SLOWLY AND WAITED 15 MIN'S. DONT PUT TO MUCH IN THERE 1/3 . AND RUN IT...

houndin101 said:

They do different things. In the oil will clean where your oil goes. In the carb cleans where the gas goes. In the gas tank is basically just a fuel additive and is unlikely to do much at all unless you put it in when the tank is basically empty and run it.

carmangary said:
houndin101 said:

They do different things. In the oil will clean where your oil goes. In the carb cleans where the gas goes. In the gas tank is basically just a fuel additive and is unlikely to do much at all unless you put it in when the tank is basically empty and run it.

JUST LIKE HE SAID IF YOUR CAR HAS TO MANY MILES ON MOTOR, DONT ADD IT TO OIL THEY SAY YOU WILL
LOSE ENGINE BLOCK COMPRESSION SINCE IT CLEANS ALL THE GUNK OFF .

ELBMINO said:
carmangary said:
houndin101 said:

JUST LIKE HE SAID IF YOUR CAR HAS TO MANY MILES ON MOTOR, DONT ADD IT TO OIL THEY SAY YOU WILL
LOSE ENGINE BLOCK COMPRESSION SINCE IT CLEANS ALL THE GUNK OFF .

The engine won't lose compression in the cylinders. The real issue is that there is the possibility of breaking free a chunk of sludge and having it get lodged in an oil passage where it stops oil flow to where it needs to go. When I opened up my Olds 260 this past winter for the first time in 30 yrs it was completely clogged up in the inside. If I put something like Sea Foam in it, there would be all kinds of stuff floating around in the oil and would have likely done more harm than good. If you pull the valve covers and it is full of crud then don't do it. But, if they it looks clean under them you are probably OK. When I pulled my valve covers it looked like someone dumped black sand and super glue in them. It was just as bad or worse under the intake manifold.

it didnt look to bad in there when i took off the filler cap and looked in...looked fairly newish lol

They do different things. In the oil will clean where your oil goes. In the carb cleans where the gas goes. In the gas tank is basically just a fuel additive and is unlikely to do much at all unless you put it in when the tank is basically empty and run it.[/quote]

The engine won't lose compression in the cylinders. The real issue is that there is the possibility of breaking free a chunk of sludge and having it get lodged in an oil passage where it stops oil flow to where it needs to go. When I opened up my Olds 260 this past winter for the first time in 30 yrs it was completely clogged up in the inside. If I put something like Sea Foam in it, there would be all kinds of stuff floating around in the oil and would have likely done more harm than good. If you pull the valve covers and it is full of crud then don't do it. But, if they it looks clean under them you are probably OK. When I pulled my valve covers it looked like someone dumped black sand and super glue in them. It was just as bad or worse under the intake manifold.[/quote]
houndin101 said:
it didnt look to bad in there when i took off the filler cap and looked in...looked fairly newish lol

IM GOING TO TRY IT ON MY RIDE NEXT OILD CHANGE. I ALSO HEARD YOU COULD USE TRANSMISSON OIL. :wtf:

ELBMINO said:

The engine won't lose compression in the cylinders. The real issue is that there is the possibility of breaking free a chunk of sludge and having it get lodged in an oil passage where it stops oil flow to where it needs to go. When I opened up my Olds 260 this past winter for the first time in 30 yrs it was completely clogged up in the inside. If I put something like Sea Foam in it, there would be all kinds of stuff floating around in the oil and would have likely done more harm than good. If you pull the valve covers and it is full of crud then don't do it. But, if they it looks clean under them you are probably OK. When I pulled my valve covers it looked like someone dumped black sand and super glue in them. It was just as bad or worse under the intake manifold.[/quote]
houndin101 said:

IM GOING TO TRY IT ON MY RIDE NEXT OILD CHANGE. I ALSO HEARD YOU COULD USE TRANSMISSON OIL. :wtf:[/quote]
yea trans fluid does the same thing.jus im not sure so i wouldnt do it

i have used seafoam for a while on customers cars cleaning out fuel systems and oil
as far as the person above saying that if it gets into the oil passages it will ruin you engine. one word "wrong"
most of the particular matter is ground up in your oil pump then gose to the filter
its why you got an oil filter unless you have a air cooled VW motor in your ride (they dont have oil filters)
seafoam is used to keep things clean and make dirty engines a little cleaner.
it wont help NOT CHANGING THE OIL EVERY 3 MONTHS OR 3k MILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OR TAKING SHORT TRIPS

sludge is built up carbon in your engine that is the result of not running your car for a period of time to get it to normal operating temp. thus boil;ing off most of the moisture thats in there.

if you dont want to deal with sludge change your oil more often
keeping a nice clean airfilter keeps the dirt out
after all its the only way dirt gets in there

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor