sea foam motor treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
I have used it in gas but not noticed much of a difference. As a rule I avoid mixing anything thinner than the recommended oil with the oil. I have used Lucas oil additives. They are definitely thick enough. Just make sure if you are running synsetic you get the right one.

Chicora Hillbilly

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 20, 2019
I have used Sea Foam in the gas tank a pretty good fuel system cleaner. As for the crankcase I do not use anything but Lucas Oil Treatment, and have always had good cold starts.

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
hello people: I use good fuel. I use stabilizer. My 86T runs good but could it run better? I'm not sure about products like this but I'm going to try it as I ordered 2 bottles. This is the fuel additive.
I'll be back...
IBBY

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
It works great in fuel. It's a Swiss Army knife- cleans and stabizes....
I wouldn't put it in the oil. I have used Justice Brothers heavy duty vehicle additive that has polyolefin and works pretty good at keeping things slippery.

Reactions: 3 users

druggles85

Pendejo
Oct 25, 2009
Exeter, NH
I've used seafoam in a couple of engines I don't think it does anything... Smokes like hell but I don't necessarily believe it was "carbon" burning, and not just the seafoam smoking...

The last time I tried seafoam was on my wife's 2003 Ranger. I used the brake booster vaccume line to suck it into the engine. Stalled while I was doing it, let it sit 15min. When I went to restart it, it was effing hydrolocked...

Everything is fine. Truck is still running 8 years later, I just don't want to waste my time with snake oil.

Reactions: 1 user

herb

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 10, 2018
no no no
it will clean the gunk alright,,and plug the oil pump screen,,and before it locks up the motor it will put all that sludge fragments in the oil passages and lifters and bearings,, so no--no--no seafoam in oil,,,

78chevolds

Greasemonkey
Jun 25, 2013
My 78 Camaro is only used for about 3 to 5 months out of the year. All I do is is change the yearly oil with Mobil 1 Synthetic, fill up with 93 Octane, and occasionally use Stabil Ethanol Treatment. As long as I use fresh oil and keep the tank full I avoid the moisture and sludge with the limit use in my opinion. Car only has 220,000 miles.

Reactions: 1 user

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
hello people: I got 2 bottles and I put 1 in my 13CRV with about 120K on it. I put it in last night and I will give my opinion. It was not a full tank in the CRV and I forget how much it holds. I'll be back.
IBBY

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
hello people: I've got to say my CRV idles better and seems to go a bit better. Maybe it's in my head but my 86T is next and then my Harley. I'll be back..
IBBY

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
hello people: I put it in my 86T and I do believe it idles better. Maybe it's in my head and the cooler weather is good for my Buick. I put 1 whole can in the T with about half a tank of fuel. Drove it a bit then the filled the tank. I really wanted to see if it helped carbed Harley but I have to get more.
IBBY

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor