Seafoam and STP multipurpose motor treatment one in the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonteCarloSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 7, 2008
Virginia
As the title states does anyone know if they are the same product, just a relabel? Seems to be thought someone might have a "inside knowledge" on this. FYI STP is around three dollars cheaper if it is the same relabeled product! :D

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
Re: Seafoam and STP multipurpose motor treatment one in the

MonteCarloSS said:
As the title states does anyone know if they are the same product, just a relabel? Seems to be thought someone might have a "inside knowledge" on this. FYI STP is around three dollars cheaper if it is the same relabeled product! :D
Seafoam is a solvent designed to dissolve carbon deposits in the combustion chamber and intake system, clean fuel injectors, and to clean the oil system by removing gum build up and carbonized oil, depending on where you apply it. STP additive is, as far as I know, also a solvent designed to do the same thing. The difference is that the chemical make up of Seafoam is different and is more concentrated. STP may work, but the amount needed to do the job may end up costing as much or more than the Seafoam. I have sold these products for years and have never heard anything bad about Seafoam. Its expensive, but it works. Cheaper products work too, but usually not as quickly or as effectively as Seafoam. 0.02

78MC-BBC

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2008

i used the seafoam in my 96 Tahoe a few months after i bough it, i didnt have the big smoke show like alot of people say there is. My engine sounds alot quieter and feels smoother also, mileage has gone up too, now i am getting 17mpg not bad for a 4 door 4 wheel drive truck weighing 5500lbs

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston

78MC-BBC said:
i used the seafoam in my 96 Tahoe a few months after i bough it, i didnt have the big smoke show like alot of people say there is. My engine sounds alot quieter and feels smoother also, mileage has gone up too, now i am getting 17mpg not bad for a 4 door 4 wheel drive truck weighing 5500lbs
yeah...my method is simple. I use one can of Seafoam ( 1/2 in the tank and 1/2 in the oil) about every two oil changes in all of my vehicles except the Cutlass (it has less than 100 miles on the rebuild).

MonteCarloSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 7, 2008
Virginia

Seafoam is a solvent designed to dissolve carbon deposits in the combustion chamber and intake system, clean fuel injectors, and to clean the oil system by removing gum build up and carbonized oil, depending on where you apply it. STP additive is, as far as I know, also a solvent designed to do the same thing. The difference is that the chemical make up of Seafoam is different and is more concentrated. STP may work, but the amount needed to do the job may end up costing as much or more than the Seafoam. I have sold these products for years and have never heard anything bad about Seafoam. Its expensive, but it works. Cheaper products work too, but usually not as quickly or as effectively as Seafoam. 0.02

Yes, I understand this but STP Mulit purpose motor treatment is made for STP not there chemistry and per the bottle the mixture rate is the same as SEAFOAM. The salesman said it was made by seaform, I know they don't know there stuff all the time, we opened one of each and they smell the same,pour the same ,look the same, I think the guy might be right. Also this is a NEW product from STP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor