seam sealer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jg85350Regal

Greasemonkey
Mar 10, 2010
Windsor Locks, CT
Im working on fixing some holes in the floors of my 85 regal before I put the interior back it and wondered about seam sealer. Most of what was there from the factory is cracking and pulling up in pretty big chunks when poked at. I was just going to butt weld the few bad spots I have and grind down the welds/ prime and paint with some rust preventative paint until I noticed how much of the factory sealer was coming up and figured it should probably be redone while I have the carpets out. What are you guys using for this ? I hoping to not spend a small fortune on this but at the same time I dont want to be putting in new floor pans redoing this in a year or two. The stuff Ive found comes in quart cans for about 35 bucks a can, How many cans would I need to do the floor seams ? can I buy it in bigger cans for cheaper somewhere?

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Get yourself a caulking gun and a tube of this...

3M™ Fast N Firm Seam Sealer # 08505

item.php

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
I used Eastwood's brushable seam sealer. Worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor