Searching for console part

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETexas86Elky

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 3, 2007
East Texas
Hey guys - I hope you can help me.
I am looking for a Cutlass console part that is a insert for the "glovebox" on a 78-87. From what I have been told it is an insert that holds cassette tapes. It is black with white "buttons".
If anyone knows where I can buy one or if anyone can provide me with a part number I would be grateful. I just refinished a console and the cassette insert would finish if off nicely as my car has a cassette deck in it.
Thank you very much
Ralph

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I would try E Bay for that, or the local junkyards. If you just need one of the trays or pieces of it, Olds used a similar setup in the Calais, so you may wish to look in those too.

ETexas86Elky

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 3, 2007
East Texas
cutlass console cassette insert

Thanks guys - appreciate your answers. But I still need your help.

Call me blind and dumb but I can't find any of these cassette inserts on ebay. Could you tell me what search words you used to find them? I saw the consoles (one with an insert) but not the cassette inserts by themselves.

I would gladly go junkyardin' to find one but no one in my area has any cars that old any more. Tell me more about the Calais. I am not familiar with the Calais years or models. I've been a Chevy guy most of my life.

Thanks again for your help. Look forward to hearing more from you.

jae

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2006
hunter_alexander said:
Here is an example. Dont buy from this guy as he is a ripoff, I am just using it as an example.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1981-85- ... dZViewItem

They are on there. Just have to search them out.

You aren't kidding!! Looking at his store these guys are asking crazy cash for parts, especially stock intakes. I checked here months ago (they somewhat local to me) browsing for parts and they weren't this expensive. Must be on that "high ocrude oil / gasoline" plan.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor