seat belt dye removal

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
Has anyone here ever dropped their seat belts in Super Clean to remove paint dye? Ofc i can buy new aftermarket but I am trying to use my originals. For example, here is a picture of my front/rear belts.

20240505_191923.jpg
20240505_191757.jpg

To be honest from what I've been told over the years has been you don't dye seat belts cause it can weaken the fabric. Then anything else used can make them even weaker even if you are trying to remove they dye or paint. It's suggested to use mild soaps to do general cleaning when needed. Anytime I see a set that was dyed I consider them junk. Now if it's just the plastic depending on how well everything is sticking to the plastic. It could clean it up with a good brush to scrub it all off. Be careful with the fabric while cleaning the paint off.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor